Animal health


Licensing of animal establishments

With effect from 1 October 2018, animal boarding businesses (including home boarders and doggy day care), dog breeders, pet shops and riding establishments will be covered under new legislation, The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) Regulations 2018. Read more.

Animal disease outbreaks

Working with the Department for Environment Food Rural Affairs (DEFRA) to control farm animal movements and prevent the spread of disease during outbreaks of avian influenza, foot and mouth disease etc.

Animal welfare complaints

Working with the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA), animal charities and other agencies to investigate complaints about the mistreatment or neglect of farm and pet animals.

Dog warden service

The Dog Warden will help you if you lose your dog, and aims to help prevent stray dogs from being a danger to traffic or a nuisance to people.

Fees and charges

Current fees and charges to operate premises licensed to keep animals.

Licenced establishments

A to Z of Council Services