Coronavirus (Covid-19) update

Due to the current situation we have decided to close the Housing Options Service Trafford (HOST) reception at Sale Waterside. You can still contact HOST on 0161 912 2230 (during office hours) and 0800 218 2000 (after 5pm and at weekends). You can also email host@salixhomes.co.uk with any housing or homelessness queries. 

There is also an online form for those needing help that people can complete if they are homeless or threatened with homelessness within 56 days.

Rough sleepers

Emergency funding has been announced to help councils move rough sleepers into temporary accommodation so that they can self-isolate.

To report a rough sleeper in Trafford please contact HOST on 0161 912 2230 (during office hours) and 0800 218 2000 (after 5pm and at weekends) or email host@salixhomes.co.uk.

Advice for home owners/private landlords

A mortgage payment holiday scheme has been announced and will be extended to landlords whose tenants are experiencing financial difficulties. The government has extended the mortgage payment holiday scheme by three months until the end of October.

To arrange a mortgage payment holiday please make contact with your bank or building society directly.

Advice for private renters

The government has announced an increase to Housing Benefit and Universal Credit to ensure that Local Housing Allowance will cover at least 30% of rents. For more information and how to contact the DWP please visit the Housing and Universal Credit page on the GOV.UK website

Emergency legislation will be taken forward so that landlords will not be able to start proceedings to evict tenants for at least a three month period during this crisis. At the end of this period, landlords and tenants will be expected to work together to establish an affordable repayment plan taking into account tenants' individual circumstances. Please contact your landlord directly to make the necessary arrangements.

Coronavirus and renting: guidance for landlords, tenants and local authorities 

The government has produced non-statutory guidance for landlords, tenants and local authorities in the private and social rented sectors. Read the guidance on the GOV.UK website