Starting Monday 13 July, the collection of green bins will return to a weekly service.
As the weekly service settles in, households are currently limited to the collection of two green bins per household each week. Green bins should be presented for collection on the scheduled bin collection day only.
From Monday 27 July, households can present all of their green bins for collection each week. So, if it's raw, cooked or gone off, recycle all of your unwanted food and your garden waste.
Residents should follow this advice:
Advice on collections
- Place your scheduled blue, black or grey bins out for collection as normal by 6.30am on your usual collection day – check your bin collection calendar
- Each week, also put out your green bin / green street caddy
- If you have more than one green bin, we will only empty a maximum of two green bins presented for collection per household. From Monday 27 July, you can present all of your green bins
- We’ll try and empty as many green bins as possible. If we are unable to empty your green bin, please report it within two working days of when it should have been collected. Report it online or call 03330 035865
- After you have logged it, please leave your bin out and we will empty it as soon as possible
- Please put all of your food and garden waste in your green bin
- With our resources stretched, any waste that is left to the side or on top of your bins will not be accepted
- You can contact us to report a missed collection of your green, blue, black and grey bins. Please report any missed bins within two working days of when they should have been collected
- Week of 6 July only – In preparation for the service to transition smoothly to weekly collections, we are operating a limited missed green bin service for one week. Missed green bins on:
- Monday 6 July – please report it within two working days as normal
- Tuesday 7 and Wednesday 8 July – please report by the end of the day on Wednesday 8 July at the latest, or bring it back in and wait until their next collection
- Thursday 9 and Friday 10 July – residents will be unable to report a missed green bin during this period. Residents should bring their green bin back in and wait until their next collection
Councillor Stephen Adshead, Executive Member for Environment, Air Quality and Climate Change said:
“Emptying the bins during the coronavirus pandemic is one of our highest priorities, and our waste crews have gone out every day, in what is a difficult situation.
“While the staffing situation could change quickly, we are currently able to return to a weekly collection service for green bins. Everyone should recycle all of their food and garden waste in the green bin. We will try and empty as many green bins as possible, but we ask that you continue to bear with us during this difficult time.
"Green bins should be presented each week for collection on the scheduled bin collection day alongside other scheduled bins – grey, black or blue.”
The information is reviewed daily so may change at short notice. Residents should visit the website at www.trafford.gov.uk/greenbin and follow us on social media for updates.
Posted on Wednesday 8th July 2020